Thursday, May 29, 2014

Butterfinger Fruit Dip


You know, I really think that there should be some sort of test before becoming a grown up. This whole arbitrary 18 years of age thing is crap.

I’m 31 years old, married with children, have a dog and a cat, regularly have to color my hair to hide the gray, and from the outside looking in, I probably appear to be a proper adult.

Then I get on the internet and show you how ridiculous my life is. Like, for my work, the thing I am paid actual dollars to do, I blend up full size candy bars and put them in a mixture of cream cheese, cool whip, and marshmallow fluff and then I feed it to my people on the end of apple slices and graham crackers.

Someone needs to come and take away my grown up adult membership card, because clearly I am a three year old. Candy bars! In my fruit dip! I just feel like that is not something a grown up should be doing.

Life as a mad scientist candy experimenter is good, y’all. I highly suggest it.


Or, if you’re not the experimental type, just copy off me. I mean, I totally aced this fruit dip. It’s impossibly fluffy, not overly sweet, and honestly is pretty light. I mean, not light as in it’s diet food, but light as in you can eat it by the bucketful and not feel fat when you’re done. You’ll look fat, but you won’t feel fat. Does that make sense?

So, I insist that you slice up the nearest apple, blend up the nearest candy bar, and make this ridiculous fruit dip for your family. You might lose your grown up card in the process, but really. Being an adult is overrated anyway.


Check out the full recipe and instructions at http://www.bunsinmyoven.com