Saturday, May 31, 2014

Butter Syrup: Use on pancakes, biscuits, waffles...

 I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it's certainly a family favorite. It calls for a lovely amount of butter {naturally!} and buttermilk. I detailed out an alternative to buttermilk, but personally I think it adds a wonderful richness to the syrup that the milk-lemon juice combination just can't mimick.

A little goes a long way with this syrup, so make a batch and keep it in a jar in the fridge for a month or two. I just pop the jar in the microwave for about a minute and we have delicious warm syrup on our pancakes and waffles.



Butter Syrup 

  • ½ c. butter (1 cube) 
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 1 cup buttermilk {or 1 c. milk & 1 TBSP lemon juice} 
  • 1 TBSP vanilla 
  • 1 TBSP corn syrup 
  • ½ tsp. baking soda 

Simmer to almost boil. Whisk in baking soda and remove from heat.

Serve warm and ENJOY!




Check out the original recipe here: http://www.butterwithasideofbread.com