Thursday, May 29, 2014

Creamy Crock Pot Corn

Not a fan of cream corn? Don’t let the name fool you…this Creamy Crock Pot Corn from Gooseberry Patch’s Grilling and Campfires Cooking is not your average cream corn!


Aunt Lou here.

I honestly have no idea how cream corn is made, but it is just not my favorite corn. When I saw this recipe, I knew it would be creamy…it has cream cheese in it…but couldn’t resist trying it…it has CREAM CHEESE in it!

Michael has a real bad habit of not telling me that he doesn’t like something until I have already made it. I made up a dish one night and asked him before hand if that sounded good. Well, he didn’t tell me that he didn’t like that particular meal, so I was a bit surprised when he didn’t like it. Then he tells me that he just doesn’t like that dish period. I just shook my head and went on.

When he tried this corn and said, “Wow! This is really good! And I don’t even like cream corn!” I just shook my head again. Gotta love ‘em!

The recipe said it would serve 8-10, so I cut it in half for us. However, Mommy, Daddy and Ryder LOVED this recipe. I definitely didn’t need to cut it in half! My little guy wanted more and more and more! When your toddler wants to eat his veggies, you remember that recipe!

So I’ll share with you the full amounts…you will definitely want them!


Creamy Crock Pot Corn

So this is a super simple recipe…

Place your corn in your crock pot.

Cut your butter into slices or cubes and add to your crock pot.

Cut your cream cheese into cubes and add to your crock pot.

Add your salt, pepper and sugar.

Stir everything together and cover.

Cook on low for four hours or high for two.


Stir at least once halfway through.



Check out the ingredients and detailed directions here: http://recipesthatcrock.com