Thursday, May 29, 2014

Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing


I am a fruit fanatic, especially in the summer. I eat fruit with every meal and snack on various fruits throughout the day. When it is hot outside, sometimes all I want to eat is fruit. My latest obsession is this Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing. It is light and refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day.


For this particular Quinoa Fruit Salad, I used blueberries, strawberries, and mango. Feel free to use whatever fruit you like-peaches, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, and pineapple are great options. I like to mix it up with whatever fruit I have in the fridge. I also used red quinoa, but any variety of quinoa will work. I just like the pop of color the red quinoa adds to the salad.

The Honey Lime Dressing is easy to whisk together and is the perfect ending to the colorful Quinoa Fruit Salad. I also added in a touch of fresh mint because our backyard is being taken over by mint…and it adds a refreshing kick.


If you are looking for a new fruit salad to make this summer, give this easy and healthy Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing a try! It goes well with any summer meal and is a great way to enjoy all of the fine fruits summer has to offer.


Check out the full recipe and directions at http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com